How to deploy QoS Packet Scheduler? (unattended)

Hello,

I am searching for a way to install the Windows Network Service "QoS Packet Scheduler" in an unattended way.

The target computers are running Windows 2000 or XP and have access to a Windows installation source share via network (if needed).

I failed with MS devcon.exe tool, may be I do not know how to use it...

Thanks.

The solution is found, see below in this topic
Edited by dev.man

It is quite simple really. You only need to add a few things in the networking section of your winnt.sif. This is what i have in my winnt.sif although for mine i instlal QoS packet Scheduler and NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS along with the default installed network components:

[Networking]

DefaultComponents=No

[NetAdapters]

Adapter1=params.Adapter1

[params.Adapter1]

INFID=*

[NetClients]

MS_MSClient=params.MS_MSClient

[NetServices]

MS_SERVER=params.MS_SERVER

MS_PSched=params.MS_PSched

[NetProtocols]

MS_TCPIP=params.MS_TCPIP

MS_NWIPX=params.MS_NWIPX

[params.MS_TCPIP]

DNS=Yes

UseDomainNameDevolution=No

EnableLMHosts=Yes

AdapterSections=params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter1

[params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter1]

SpecificTo=Adapter1

DHCP=Yes

WINS=No

NetBIOSOptions=0

[params.MS_NWIPX]

VirtualNetworkNumber=00000000

AdapterSections=params.MS_NWIPX.Adapter1

[params.MS_NWIPX.Adapter1]

SpecificTo=Adapter1

PktType=0xFF

NetworkNumber=00000000

If you want to just install QoS Packet Scheduler use setupmgr.exe in your Deploy.cab of your Windows cd. WHen running this program select what network components you want (QoS) in your case and then finish the setup and look at teh file setup manager has created and get the lines of code you need for QoS.

Hope this helps

Edited by cumminbk

@xtp183, I think you are right, Qos Packet Scheduler is installed when you install with an original XP CD.

@cumminbk, you are right, it is possible to install Qos Packet Scheduler with winnt.sif.

But I currently have a lot of running machines, XP or 2000, without Qos Packet Scheduler because they were installed a long time ago with an unattended process (winnt.sif or Unattended.txt).

Now I must deploy Qos Packet Scheduler on these existing machines because it's required by a new software (to deploy too). I have existing deployments means, logon scripts or other deployment software, but I don't have an unattended installation package to install Qos.

So I'm searching a way to deploy it in an attended way on already existing running machines, something like a command line with silent switches, a batch, a script, or whatever...

Many thanks for your replies.

Ok I found a solution:

In Microsoft DDK there is a tool named snetcfg.exe (source file that you must compile).

Unattended installation of Qos Packet Scheduler is done like this:

snetcfg.exe -v -c s -i ms_psched