automatisation on bart pe

kilimats

Now I finally found the "bugs":

1. DHCP needs time to init, so we must something do to wait for it

2. mode=restore instead of mode=load must be used for restoring an image

3. If you still have trouble with the packet driver error, try enabling the "Dos 16-bit support for WinPE" plugin

Here is the final .cmd file which waits until the server is reachable:

@echo off

set _ghostserver=myserver
set _pingmax=200
set _pingcur=0

:_tryping
If "%_pingcur%"=="%_pingmax%" goto _err
set /A _pingcur=%_pingcur%+1
echo.
echo %_pingcur% of %_pingmax%...
ping %_ghostserver%
If errorlevel 1 goto _tryping

echo Server found.
echo.
echo Now starting Ghost...

%SystemDrive%\Programs\ghost8\ghost32.exe -clone,mode=restore,src=@MCdeploy,dst=1 -sure -rb -JL:E=%Temp%\ghosterr.log -afile=%Temp%\ghostera.log

echo Done.
goto _end

:_err
echo.
echo ERROR: Server not found!
echo.
pause

:_end
exit

Just replace "myserver" at the top of the script with the DNS name or IP address of your GhostCast server and change the ghost32 command in the middle like you need it.

PS: my server/dhcp took 94 pings to react, maybe you set a value higher than "200" if it takes longer.

Edited by scp

ok, thats working now but not completly, let me explain

first of all i realize that the autorun order wasnt correct, bart pe started first ghost then the network configurator, so i change the name of their .cmd from that

AUTORUN0PENETCFG.CMD

AUTORUN9GHOST32.CMD

to that

AUTORUN1PENETCFG.CMD

AUTORUN2GHOST32.CMD

so now everything is working, ghost find the ghostcast server but the ghostcast server say that the connection was reset by the client, and when i check the client i only see the ghost windows but no indicator on it, just blue and grey backgroud

Edited by kilimats

Now I have used a totally slimmed down version of BartPE and it worked. Look in ghostpe.txt which plugins I only used.

If you use automatic DHCP only you don't need to use penetcfg, just use bartpe.exe with the autorun1startnet.cmd like I created.

ghostpe.zip

i tryed to used only your plug-in and autorun file,

AUTORUN1STARTNET.CMD

AUTORUN2GHOST32.CMD

but still i get this error on the server

connection reset by client

any idea where this come from ?

Edited by kilimats

update

i just tryed to do it manually, and when i click ok after i enter the session name, the windows freeze and the ghostcast server show the error

so im guessing the autorun is fine, there is something more that make this fail

im using two vmware OS to do that, maybe thats why ?

but i can ping the two OS so thats strange

i have another quick question

i would like to insert all nic driver that exist so i will not have to worry for that later, is there a link i can download all that easily

also i will try to make ultravnc server boot automaticly like ghost

i will try ;-)

thanks again for your help

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

its working

let me explain, im still confused why its working

so into vmware i got an error, the server crash and client freeze, but the autorun command was good, thx to you ;-)

so i then decide to do it in real with my two laptop, i burn the bart pe cd and run the cd on the other laptop, but after the windows waiting logo, i got a blue screen, i did the same thing with my laptop to see if it does the same, same thing happen, i decide to reburn the cd, but again blue screen, the strange thing is that work before under vmware

so i decide to use my old bart pe cd that i know is working, and add on it the autorun that i use, with this cd the boot was working, but i couldnt join the server, even the ping command didnt work, but my ip was in the same range as the server (192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.254), so i then try under vmware the same thing, and it WORK, why, ......, i'm gonna thing about it and post again

my question is, do you know why i got this blue screen with the version i made, is there i plug in i miss???

The network adapters included in windows will be all automatically included by Bart PE.

Laptops sometimes have a special need of drivers, so it may be missing.

Now I think it would be better you post some data.

1.) what Bart PE version you use

2.) from what Windows Version you use the Installation CD-ROM

3.) what networking card does the Laptops gave

4.) which Laptop Manfucturer and Model

5.) What does the blue screen contain (0x0000007B or KnownDLLs error or something else)

PS: I also forgot to say, that I use InfCacheBuild by Sherpya, which is now included in "Build Scripts". May be it helps you.

Edited by scp

It crash in the same way on two laptop at the same moment after the windows loading logo with a blue screen, i used a japanese computer (Prime d400s) and my IBM thinkpad T41 23731FU

1) my bart pe version was v3.1.3

2) I use an english windows xp with SP2

3) my thinkpad has a Intel PRO/10/100/1000

4) answer is above

5) the blue screen say

*** STOP: 0X0000007B (0Xf7ab5528,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

i will give a look now to InfCacheBuild, reply soon

i see that you speak french, i hope you don't mind if we chat briefly on msn in french (im frencch too) to get this fix, i will then update my post to explain what we did

my MSN adress is kilimats08@hotmail.com

hope to see you online

Good, if it works.

Sorry, i don't use MSN. ICQ/Jabber only