automatisation on bart pe

kilimats

i would like to make my bart pe CD completly automatic, no need to do anyting, i want to use this CD with client workstaition, so that they can connect directly to the ghostcast server

i

i'm looking for a way to do those thinks

2-say yes to the network support at the boot

3-use the dhcp

4-confirm the network configuration for the dhcp

5-start ghost like and be ready to receive the multicast transfert

thx by advance

Modify the pebuilder313\plugin\penetcfg\penetcfg.ini file:

AutoStartNet=Yes
PromptForProfile=No
ShowGUI=No

Add this section at end:

[NetID]
Workgroup = Your_computer_workgroup

[NetDrive1]
Drive = i:
NetworkPath = \\your_network_share\dir1\dir2
UserName = UserName
Password = Password

The best way is to read readme and help file/website of bartPE. They provide a lot of informations ;)

i see that you speak french, i hope you don't mind if we chat briefly on msn in french (im frencch too) to get this fix, i will then update my post to explain what we did

my MSN adress is kilimats08@hotmail.com

hope to see you online

hj_fr i tryed what you said, it's all working, thank you so much

now i need to start automaticly ghost 8 at the boot, but can't find the answer, i tryed to understand how work the startup plug in of bart pe without success, any advice ??

If you use Nu2Menu you can create a cmd file and copy it to i386\system32:

autorun9ghostsrv.cmd

@echo off
start %SystemDrive%\Programs\ghost8\ghostsrv.exe
exit

If you use XPE you can use something like CurrentVersion\Run in registry. Add this to a plugin .inf:

[Software.AddReg]
0x2,"Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","ghostsrv","%SystemDrive%\Programs\ghost8\ghostsrv.exe"

EDIT: This will be executed AFTER Explorer is loaded:

[Default.AddReg]
0x2,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","ghostsrv","%SystemDrive%\Programs\ghost8\ghostsrv.exe"

Edited by scp

If you use Nu2Menu you can create a cmd file and copy it to i386\system32:

autorun9ghostsrv.cmd

@echo off
exit

i tryed that but didnt work

i first activate the plug-in startup group

then i create the file autorun9ghostsrv.cmd in i386\system32 ( i have only two file in that folder before NTDLL.DLL & SMSS.EXE)

and finally i edit the file and paste the code

@echo off

exit

and save everything, compile the cd and test

but nothing happen at the boot

HELP, im a big newbie in this

Oh now, I think we have found the problem: You don't have to copy the file in the i386 folder of the source folder, where Bart PE takes the files.

It must be in the build folder, e.g.:

C:\pebuilder313\BartPE\i386

Ab better way:

Copy the autorun9ghostsrv.cmd to C:\pebuilder313\plugin\ghost8.

Then open ghost.inf and add this line under [sourceDisksFiles]:

autorun9ghostsrv.cmd=2,,1

scp, you are a god

i finally boot into bart pe and lauch ghost 32 without clicling the mouse, thats a miracle

my last question now, what command line should a write after start %SystemDrive%\Programs\ghost8\ghost32.exe to make ghost as IMAGE BOOT COPY and running under a directed broadcast with DEPLOY for the session name, with the option automaticly find the server and choose the c partition, OK and YES

i browse the switches of ghost but didnt find everything

here what i found:

-sure

Use the -sure switch in conjunction with -clone to avoid being prompted with the final

question “Proceed with disk clone - destination drive will be overwritten?” This command

is useful in batch mode.

-batch

Batch mode switch. Prevents abort messages from waiting for user acknowledgment, and

removes user interaction prompts. The return value of Ghost.exe must be checked to

identify whether the operation was successful. Symantec Ghost returns 0 on success and 1

or higher on failure or error.

-ib

The image boot switch copies the entire boot track, including the boot sector, when

creating a disk image file or copying disk-to-disk. Use this switch when installed

applications, such as boot-time utilities, use the boot track to store information. By

default, Symantec Ghost copies only the boot sector, and does not copy the remainder of

the boot track. You cannot perform partition-to-partition or partition-to-image functions

with the -ib switch.

-ja=sessionnm

Connects to the GhostCast Server using the specified session name. Set the disk and

-jaddr=<id_address> Use the IP address for the GhostCast Server.

-jl:x=filename

Creates a log file to assist in diagnosing GhostCasting and TCP/IP peer-to-peer problems.

The amount of information logged is set by the log level x. The log level x can be E (errors),

S (statistics), W (warnings), I (information), or A (all) in increasing order of logging detail.

The file name indicates the path and file name of the log to be created. In general, the

error and statistic levels do not affect session performance. All other levels may reduce

performance and should be used for diagnostic purposes only.

possibly partition to be cloned on the GhostCast Server.

-jm=[u|d|m]

Use unicasting, direct broadcast, or multicasting.

-js=n

Sets to n the number of router hops Symantec Ghost is allowed to cross in an attempt to

find the GhostCast Server. (Default is 16.)

-quiet

The quiet mode switch disables status updates and user intervention.

-rb

Restarts after finishing a restore or copy. After completing a restore or copy operation,

the target computer must be restarted so that the operating system can restore the new

disk/partition information. Normally, Symantec Ghost prompts the user to restart or exit.

-rb tells Symantec Ghost to restart automatically after it completes the restore or copy.

This is useful when automating Symantec Ghost in a batch command file.

-script

Allows you to specify a series of commands (one per line) that Symantec Ghost will execute

in sequential order.

For example:

ghost -script=script.txt

Following is an example of script.txt:

-clone,mode=create,src=2,dst=1:1\drv2.gho

-chkimg,1:1\drv2.gho

-clone,mode=create,src=2,dst=c:\part2.gho

-chkimg,c:\part2.gho

In this example 1:1 is equivalent to c:\.

-sure

Use the -sure switch in conjunction with -clone to avoid being prompted with the final

question “Proceed with disk clone - destination drive will be overwritten?” This command

is useful in batch mode.

so NOW, do you have any idea how to use them, what will be the order, and what i miss in order to make this batch file ?

Edited by kilimats

I use Ghost for boot only on DOS, but maybe the syntax ist the same.

This creates a image from a workstation:

%SystemDrive%\Programs\ghost8\ghost32.exe -clone,src=1,dst=@MC001 -sure -rb

This writes the image back to the workstation:

%SystemDrive%\Programs\ghost8\ghost32.exe -clone,src=@MC001,dst=1 -sure -rb

"001" is the sessions name.

Edited by scp

scp i think you give the switch to mak peer-to peer transfert, my case i want to use the multicasting, anyway i tryed your way and i get an error

so i'm thinking that it will be another way to use VNC to configure ghost on each

so i tryed ultravnc with success, but i would prefer to use the remote desktop connection from windows, is there a way to use that one, or only ultravnc work on PE ?

also i was wondering, if you can tell ultravnc, to repeat the mouse mouvement on many server

so for example, from my viewer i can control all my bart pe vnc server in the same way at the same time

it's like replication or cloning

if i can do that it solve all problem

No i finally found the switches which should work, tested with ghost32.exe under PE.

This creates a image from a workstation:

%SystemDrive%\Programs\ghost8\ghost32.exe -clone,mode=dump,src=1,dst=@MC001 -sure -rb -JL:E=%Temp%\ghosterr.log -afile=%Temp%\ghostera.log

This writes the image back to the workstation:

%SystemDrive%\Programs\ghost8\ghost32.exe -clone,mode=restore,src=@MC001,dst=1 -sure -rb -JL:E=%Temp%\ghosterr.log -afile=%Temp%\ghostera.log

PS: You can use NUL instead of %Temp%\ghosterr.log to create no log.

PPS: Write the whole command and switches in one line.

Edited by scp

scp i get this error when i use your switch

Application error 20070

No Packet Driver found - ghostcasting not available

so i tryed to see if my network work well

so i check if i got an ip from my dhcp = YES i do

i ping the ghostcast server= working

i check if the session name on my autorun is the same as the server= yes it is

here is my complete autorun file

@echo off

start %SystemDrive%\Programs\ghost8\ghost32.exe -clone,mode=load,src=@MCdeploy,dst=1 -sure -rb -JL:E=%Temp%\ghosterr.log -afile=%Temp%\ghostera.log

exit