Bart PE and GX240

I am running into a problem when installing Windows XP with Bart PE. PE boots fine, I can mount my network share and start setup, but when setup goes to format, things go wrong. Both seagate drives I have tried cannot be formattet. I get an error (from diskpart) that says format failed. I also tried a Western Digital drive. It was able to format, and the part of setup that takes place in PE finishes without error. (The very first part, starting at T-53) When it reboots to the HDD to run text mode setup, the hard drive doesn't seem to be bootable. The only thing I can think of is an issue with the IDE controller. The machine is a Dell Optiplex GX240. I have tried changing HDD jumpers and removing the other IDE device (CDROM, on other channel). If anyone has any insight to this, I would greatly appreciate it.

PS - I have a GX150 that works fine with the autoinstall with Bart PE.

Sorry to hear you have an Optiplex... My suggestion is to dump it and build a decent system from scratch and you won't have the problems your having. All the newer Dell PC's now are JUNK! They are using non-standard connections, funky bios and the quality is very poor now.. Now I understand how they can sell a whole system for $399...