ati-nvidia drivers and auto detection

hello everyone! 1st i'm sorry for my bad english :}

I'm trying hard to create my unattended dvd.. and i wonder if is possible some how to extract the drivers of ati or nvidia and the system after the installation locate the right driver an do the installation like the other app's i can say to the batch file to do the installation for both of the drivers but i'm afraid that might create conflict.

is it possible to be done? or i'm just thinking stupid thinks again? :D:whistle:

thanks!

I haven't tried integrating the nVidia drivers into the CD yet, or include a path to them in winnt.sif. But I do have the drivers and software install during my RunOnceEx.

If you get the latest nVidia driver from nVidia's web site, it is an InstallShield installer. Using WinRar, extract the files from the installer and make an .iss file using the instructions on the unattended site. You can then install the driver silently.

I don't know about ATI drivers.

As for telling the computer to install the right one, you could possibly do this using the computer's name, or MAC address, or something. I don't know for sure.

If you are going to use one disk to install on multiple computers, you could look into using WPI for your installation needs. It would allow you to check which drivers you want to install.

Edited by jrf2027

or a conditional install...

IF EXIST %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "Catalyst Control Panel" /f
IF EXIST %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\ATI\CP\Setup.exe /K" /f

Thanks for the help dude's...

Thanks for the remind jrf2027 about WPI

I will try to find a way to solve this if i don't make it.. :wacko: i'm not ashame :P i will ask for help! :thumbup

Edited by 101