can't use IE-32 bit

jm76

I removed Newdot~2.dll and the program that was using it b/c all the searches I did said it was a piece of spyware. But now I can't access the net with IE-32bit or any 32 bit game that needs a network connection, I can use IE-64bit without any problem...

Does anyone have any idea why this is so?

Jim

Edited by jm76

Could be it had ingrained itself into your winsock and removing it caused a winsock failure. I found some reg entries to reset the Winsock and converted it into a self-extracting rar file that checks to make sure you're running x64 Windows (so it doesn't install under 32-bit XP) and then installs the reg entries to reset the Winsock then reboots the computer. Hopefully that should fix your problem.

http://rockent.brinkster.net/files/TCP-IP_Reset_x64.exe

You can also try this VBS Winsock fix, but it was designed for 32-bit XP, not x64. But given your install is already hosed, it can't hurt anything more than it is.

http://rockent.brinkster.net/files/WinsockXPFix.exe

Last ditch attempt would be to do a repair install by booting from the CD. Good luck.

Edited by Jito463

Thanks for the reply, but I found another tool for cleaning up this piece of spyware and I can use 32-bit IE now...

p***es me off that a piece of software that is considered spyware (it's not a virus or considered malware) can block me from accessing the net with 32-bit software...

Jim

Yeah, my friend one time had some spyware on his ME machine (yeah, I know. ME *is* spyware) that caused Explorer to crash everytime you try to open My Computer. Once the spyware was cleaned off, everything worked fine.