USMT problem

I can't seem to get the USMT switch /ui:90 to work. It is supposed to only grab accounts that have been active in the last 90 days, but it only seems to grab the account I am logged on with.

I assume this is a huge bug. Can anyone confirm this?

Fly,

Worked for me this is the cmd file that i am running

@echo off

scanstate D:\%computername% /localonly /v:1 /all /ui:90 /i .\Usmtdef.inf /i .\migsys.inf /i .\sysfiles.inf /i .\migapp.inf /i .\miguser.inf /i .\doim.inf

pause

Fly,

Worked for me this is the cmd file that i am running

@echo off

scanstate D:\%computername% /localonly /v:1 /all /ui:90 /i .\Usmtdef.inf /i .\migsys.inf /i .\sysfiles.inf /i .\migapp.inf /i .\miguser.inf /i .\doim.inf

pause

You're using /all. That overrides /ui:90 as far as I can tell...

Edited by fly

That is your issue right there, by default USMT only pulls the Current User's Information unless the /All Switch is used that is forcing it to check all accounts and then with /ui:90 it will weed out the accounts over 90 days old.

That is your issue right there, by default USMT only pulls the Current User's Information unless the /All Switch is used that is forcing it to check all accounts and then with /ui:90 it will weed out the accounts over 90 days old.

Wow. Gee, ya think they could put that in their documentation?

BTW, thanks for your help. Im going to try this out today.

UI in USMT is not working quite well :( If you want to be sure your script will work as expected, I could give you script I wrote sometime for USMT - it is converting date to julian calendar and comparing them and it is working quite well...

I give up /ui method long time ago, I was talking about this with guys from MS and they know about this problem and will solve it in next version...

BTW Finally someone using USMT :)

UI in USMT is not working quite well :( If you want to be sure your script will work as expected, I could give you script I wrote sometime for USMT - it is converting date to julian calendar and comparing them and it is working quite well...

I give up /ui method long time ago, I was talking about this with guys from MS and they know about this problem and will solve it in next version...

BTW Finally someone using USMT :)

Hmmm...

Yeah, I'd be interested in that script for sure!

Fly,

No problem... I was trying to find that in the documentation the only place I could find it was in a Power Point presentation that my boss wrote and he got that information from a class that he attended he can't remember if it is documented anywhere.

I did Find this i doesn't specifically say that you need the /all when running /UI: but it does ::if that makes any sense::

Per USMT.CHM

User options

USMT provides several options that you can use to migrate multiple users on a single computer. You can use the following command-line options to specify which users to migrate. The maximum number of user accounts that USMT will migrate is 100.

By default, USMT will only migrate the state of the user who runs the tool. To change this behavior, you must either update the .inf files or use the /all or /user options at the Scanstate command line.

BTW We have been using USMT for about 6-8 months now it is so nice to be able to migrate settings so easily. Our users are ecstatic that we are using it as well.

Edited by S1LV3RF1$#

Yep, USMT is GREAT product, I am really sorry only few companies are using them :( I got fully automated profile migration and I really love it

Its great. I have my gripes, but overall its an excellent product.

In fact, I'll ask here about my main one. Maybe you guys will know...

Our Outlook domain is different from our corp domain. USMT assumes they are the same, therefore I have to change every users Outlook login (or help them do it) to read: enterprise\id instead of tcs_main_dom\id