winpe on multiboot cd/dvd (ghost 9/erd)

noisehole

hey, im new here so 1st of all: hi ;)

reading a bit on these forums helped me out while compiling my own dvd. i managed to put w2k de&en, xp de&en, xp64 en, symantec rescue disc (ghost 9) and erd commander on one dvd (and tons of recue/diag bootdisks).

both w2ks have sp4 and update rollup 1 integrated as both xp's have sp2.

you prolly already know it but i though i share how i got those 2 winpe setups on my disc.

problem was that i didnt want to mess around with the setupldr.bin/txtsetup.sif of xp64 since it has 2 root folders: i386 and amd64. looks like in i386 are wow32 libs and the bootloader which sets the cpu to 64bit mode and installs primary from the amd64 folder.

symantec rescue disc is in \GHO9 and erd is in \ERDC on my disc and they both run smooth. what i couldnt edit was the "documents and settings" folder from both pe's, so i copied that one to the root (luckily erd one was empty and so no files are conflicting)

what i edited for erd:

- setupldr.bin: i386 to ERDC on all occurrences

- txtsetup.sif: SetupSourcePath = "\ERDC\"

cdtagfile = "\ERDC\win51is"

cdtagfilei = "\ERDC\win51is"

cdtagfilem = "\ERDC\win51ms"

cdtagfilea = "\ERDC\win51as"

as you can see i just put the windows tagfiles into the subfolder instead of root. i didnt test it but if i had done it the other way they could have conficted with the root tag files (eg. xp sp2 and sp1). those tagfiles are needed or the environment wont find its files.

thats it. did the same for GHO9 (well tagfiles arent 100% like erd but you get the idea)

x64 installs fine since its 100% untouched and both pe's are working ;)

oh and im using bcdw-2.0a1 and cdimage, no cdshell memdisk or whatever there is

next thing im trying to add is an edited copy of setupldr.bin/txtsetup.sif to install german mui for x64 unattended as soon as i get my hands on it. (2 bootoptions for xp64).

regards

• 1 month later...

Hey there, i was wondering since you didn't use memdisk, just how do you get your boot disks to boot up? i've been trying to get this to work since i also want to use bcdw-2.0a1 so i can use my live linux along with the boot dvd, and thanks for the tip for the 64 bit windows! *smiles happily*

• 4 weeks later...

There is a Knoppix how-to on Wolfgang Brinkmann's site for your live Linux solution.

The trouble I am facing is with W2K. It starts ok but asks for the original Cd of any earlier version of Windows. What I would like to know is the name of the file outside of i386 folder that is required to circumvent this query.

When I boot directly from the setuploader.bin it installs fine. I would really appreciate some help on this.

Thanks.