Please Help with Winlogon.exe error

chon_

When I turn on my Dell PC (I am sending this message using a second PC), I am receiving the following fatal system error each time:

winlogon.exe application error

The exception unknown software exception 0xc00000FD occured in the application located at 0x10003bba

click on ok to terminate the program

click on cancel to debug the program

If I click on either of the two options, I receive the following message (a blue screen):
Stop: C000021a (Fatal System Error)

The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)

Then it restarts, and yes i've tried safe mode, F8, domain controller only, etc.....

TIA

EDIT: I cannot use any diagnostic tool since windows does not starts, I've reinsatalled windows form the dell CD, same situation

Edited by chon_

Did this happen all of a sudden? or did you change a setting or install/uninstall software?

Were you having any other problems with the computer before this happened?

all ofa sudden, I'm thinking i's a virus, but since I have no acces to the OS I can't use any AV and/or diagnostic tool. No software was installed lately, a coleague says he turned it on and went to the bathroom, when he came back, he saw the bios setup screen instead of windows', then he restarted the PC and thats it.

And no, I've never had any problems before

hmmmm.....

Yeah, that's a good idea I'll try it tonight if nohting new comes out, I can't afford to loose the info stored there that's why i havent used my UA XP CD and reformat :P hehe