Alcohol 120% won't install

I incorporated the latest build of alcohol in my UXPCD and it wouldn't install. I tried to install it after the cd was finished, from the alcohol folder and I get a pop up that says:

"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

I can't seem to get around this...I regedited all mention of Alcohol out of the registry and deleted all folders pertaining to Alcohol too. I've tried to do an expert mode install to change the Virtual driver names too but, I never get that far before the windows pops up and halts the install.

I've searched a dozen times and spent 2 hrs looking on the site but can find no mention of this....Anyone have any ideas????

B of B

Lucky for you I help out on the support forums for Alcohol. Try doing a manual uninstall of Alcohol in case there are some remnants in the registry.

1. Go to Start -> Run and type regedit

1a. Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E9F81423-211E-46B6-9AE0-38568BC5CF6F} and delete it.

1b. Find HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\32418F9EE1126B64A90E8365B85CFCF6 and delete it

2. No go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager

2a. Under SCSI and RAID controllers delete the a347scsi entry

2b. Under System devices delete the Plug and Play BIOS Extension

3. Back in the registry find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services and delete the a347bus and a347scsi keys and remove the corresponding files from Windows\system32\drivers