Change settings in w2k3 Unattended CD setup

I’m setting up an unattended 2k3 CD and would like to know how to set it to where it will automatically do the changes needed to turn it into a WS. I don’t know how to use batch scripting but I could probably do easily if I knew where to start and what changes to make. Someone please help me.

I’m setting up an unattended 2k3 CD and would like to know how to set it to where it will automatically do the changes needed to turn it into a WS. I don’t know how to use batch scripting but I could probably do easily if I knew where to start and what changes to make. Someone please help me.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\PriorityControl]
"Win32PrioritySeparation"=dword:00000026

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl]
"Win32PrioritySeparation"=dword:00000026

..that will take care of the most important stuff for ya ;)

now go and google some and learn some as well... :yes:

ok thanks, but where dose it go and what steps dose that preform?

system properties/advanced/performance settings/advanced

..if you look there u see two performance options...now you should be able to guess wich one is wich ;)

..this is the fundamental difference with XP when checked to background priority and system cache

..also here lies parts of the secrets why 2K3 outperforms XP..(memorymanagement)

Is there anything else you can tell me? i have searched and come up with nothing, but i have done these things

turned off error reporting

turned off the shutdown tracker

gotten rid of balloon tips

started the Windows audio

I couldnt get imiging, WIA, or IMAPI. are any of these even possible to change? i also didnt understnd where to place the script you send earlier.

Is there anything else you can tell me? i have searched and come up with nothing, but i have done these things

turned off error reporting

turned off the shutdown tracker

gotten rid of balloon tips

started the Windows audio

I couldnt get imiging, WIA, or IMAPI. are any of these even possible to change? i also didnt understnd where to place the script you send earlier.

The best is to utilize "OEM method" or T-12 ...

If you want to use T-12 go here and read through it, it's somewhat complex but very rewarding to learn..(you can do pretty much anything here to your OS without any complaints or hangups provided you got proper regfiles applied as well) :

http://unattended.msfn.org/beginner/intro.htm

specifics on cmdlines..(where you add your commands)

http://unattended.msfn.org/global/cmdlines.htm