Need help on Exchange 2003

Hi Guys,

Lucky I found this forum, and I hope someone can help. I have just built a SBS2003 machine, which will be deployed into our current domain when I get this last niggly thing out of my head. This is what I want it to do:

I have a server with my ISP from which I want to pull emails using POP3 (this is working) and I want to send emails from my network, through my exchange and then to my email server at my ISP (this is not working) I can send emails in the internal test domain, but nothing will reach anywhere outside the domain. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Run the internet connection wizard, you need to supply the mail server address and make sure authentication is also configured to allow you to send email. I presume DNS ilso configured and setup with forwarding to your ISP DNS servers....

BTW, check the exchange logs it should show any error messages.

I have followed the guide as good as I possibly could, but still no outbound mail. I am now getting a response from the exchange server though, which is a start:

Reporting-MTA: dns;skysolutions.co.uk

Final-Recipient: rfc822;samdw@micro-p.com

Action: delayed

Will-Retry-Until: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 12:41:40 +0100

X-Display-Name: Samantha Dwan

Can anyone give me a clue as to what is happening? I have verfied the Authentication methods with the system admin, responsible for the "smarthost" and all has been configured correctly.

Thanks in advance!