NIS2005 URL list update

idbirch2

I'm looking for the thread that tells you how to integrate the 30MB URL update into NIS2005.

I know this has been posted before cos I've read it myself while at work but all the links within other threads that link to it are now broken - whats with that? Anyway, I've spent the last 20 mins trying to find it using the search page but no joy so can someone please post a good link to that thread, thanks.

All the search links are dead for some odd reason - I found the threads but the links went to other threads.

Basically, here's what you have to do:

If you have purchased the CD version of NIS 2005, you will have a file called URLLIST.exe within the \Support\URLList directory. Using WinRAR, open the .EXE (Right-click the file, select "Open with WinRAR...) and replace the URLLists file inside with the URLLists file found at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton Internet Security\URLLists . Use best ZIP compression to save some more space.

If you have purchased the downloaded version of NIS 2005, PM me and I'll send you a dummy copy of the URLLIST.exe file, in which you can insert the URLLists file from your machine.

If the search links ever are repaired, Astalavista has made a comprehensive guide on shrinking NIS 2005 down to about 54 MB using 7Zip - due to Symantec making the URLLists file smaller lately, I've gotten it down to 53 MB using WinRAR. You just need to type "NIS 2005" in the Google search bar at the top of the screen to find the threads.

If the search links ever are repaired, Astalavista has made a comprehensive guide on shrinking NIS 2005 down to about 54 MB using 7Zip - due to Symantec making the URLLists file smaller lately, I've gotten it down to 53 MB using WinRAR.

You have a link for this guide? can`t find it using "search".

• 2 weeks later...