/usenewloader question

strawberry

hi just a quick question about the boot ini..

in the past when i removed an OS from my comp, win98 or xp64 beta1 etc...i just deleted the line from the boot ini and the corresponding files but when i installed the latest longhhorn it installed a new boot file launched by [boot loader]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows Longhorn" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT /USENEWLOADER /DETECTHAL

so that it says boot longhorn or boot legacy os before longhorn that let me access my older boot ini

could i just delete the boot.ini line and the files from longhorn like before?

example FROM THIS

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows Longhorn" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT /USENEWLOADER /DETECTHAL

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professionnel" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows Longhorn" /FASTDETECT

TO THIS ?

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professionnel" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

NB: xp pro was the first OS installed on the system so it uses it's own ini...

thanks for your help

er.....according to the info in the config you have there, it appears you have a few HD's/partitions and multiboot different OS'.

Without you listing what OS' you currently have installed and on what partition they are installed to, i wouldn't like to suggest you do anything to the config lol

Also, as you are on about Longhorn, you should have posted this in the correct board really.

Regards,

N.

well i couldn't say it's about longhorn, it's about bootloader, it just appears that longhorn is one of the operating system installed

i finaly used a command line found on another website...

i used a command line with an exe from longhorn depository called

fixntfs.exe

to use xp bootloader to boot all systems and bypass the new one...

i just want to be sure that the os on main partition , also my xp pro (32bits) will still boot if i remove longhorn and x64 files on other harddisks...

i'll find a solution..........one day