Newbie question

Nakkoush

each time i'm trying to install silently any application i have to install windows using vmware and wait 1hour approx!

is there any way i can avoid doing that?

please any brief complete ecplanation would be helpfull and usefull for me thx in advance

There are three things you could do.

1) If You have the last version ov vmware, use the clone option just after the clean install. With the clone, you'll have a clean version to use whenever you want.

2) You could also use the snapshot option. With this, you can come back to different stages, after each bad install.

3) The old way : Your vmware save is in : My Documents\My Virtual Machines\ You just have to copy the Directory "Windows XP Professional" (If it is XP) and paste it here with an other name (for ex. "clean Windows XP Professional").

When you want to have a clean Vmware version just delete the "Windows XP Professional" and rename the old one as "Windows XP Professional". Don't forget to do a copy and paste again.

Excuse my english, this is not my natural language.

GG

First of all thank you for helping me, and excuse my poor knowledge here but i'm managing :)

<1) If You have the last version ov vmware, use the clone option just after the clean install. With the clone, you'll have a clean version to use whenever you want. >

In fact i do have the latest version of Vmware but i don't understand what does clone do. i'll have a duplicated operating system exactly the same as the one i'm cloning but what for!

And about taking a snapshot: i always use VMWare with ISO file i make...

so let's suppose while i'm installing windows using vmware i take a snapshot 2minutes before windows will finish installing. and i realized that i have a bug so the way normally i do i correct the switch or whatever and i make ISO again and i come back to VMWare to see if it works... do u mean that by having a snapshot i can avoid installing windows one more time and coming immediatly to the place i took the snapshot using my new ISO?

Hope u'll understand me too! and sorry for my bad english as well!

NK

Ok, you are at the stage creating a new XP CD.

Here, you can't do anything else that installing each time and it's a bit long...

The things I've told you is for the part of installing applications.

Personnaly, I do batch for 5 to 10 applications for testing, if it's ok, I do a snapshot.

If it's not a correct silent, I go back and so on.

HAve fun.

is there any way i can avoid doing that? i mean by trying it on the pc i'm working in by applying runonce to it? if it's possible how i should ammend the runonce to be able to do it to test the switch

If it's possible a brief explanation

I don't understand your answer...

Personnaly, I install a clean XP SP2 under vmware and i try each applications separetely with a .bat file.

When a switch is good, I add it to my total list.

I don't use Runonce so I can't help you...