Adding drivers to PE2005

peman

Hi,

I need to add as many as possible LAN and Mass-Storage drivers to PE 2005 (based on Windows 2003 SP and already has all it's drivers). I saw www.btsunattended.net, but it only has driver packs for XP.

regards,

Peman.

Never used driver packs that are preconfigured, dunno about that one.. but when it comes to the masstorage part of the drivers, I defenitly prefer adding them by using the TXTSETUP.SIF way, rather then the suggested way from MS (I guess folks dont agree on that one...)

The downside of adding them in the way MS suggests is that u can only load one specific chip / driver / folder that u create (as far as I know of) or you have to add multiple folders with the same driver and specifying diffrent [Default] entries for each one of them... thats a boomer when it comes to adding support for several chipsets handled by the same family software driver for example.

There are loads of info on the site for how to doing it...

search the WinPE 2k5 help file for drvinst.exe

It's a command line way of loading drivers into the WinPE image. You point the exe at the INF for the driver, and the location of the WInPE ISO source directory your building. It works great. You can add as many drivers as you need or want with it.