Is 64bit really better than 32bit?

Thank You Very Much!!! :hello:

I really appreciate it. I heard rumors about the drivers but the only problem is that the Manf. specific programs will not run. As an example, Gigabyte (GN-WPKG) has I have (actually 2 of them), the Gigabyte connection software says that the LAN is not Present.

So once again, you make a sacrifice. I STILL stand by my opinion that x64 is only good for Servers at this point that do not rely on drivers from a large number of Peripherals.

Well for a server I would still think that Server 2003 64bit would be better than x64. :P

I think x64 is suited for users who like performance and reliability and don't use a lot of crap like printers, wireless devices, cameras, etc. But if you just use the computer as a workstation and for gaming, then I think it is perfect.

Well for a server I would still think that Server 2003 64bit would be better than x64.  :P

I think x64 is suited for users who like performance and reliability and don't use a lot of crap like printers, wireless devices, cameras, etc. But if you just use the computer as a workstation and for gaming, then I think it is perfect.

That's what i'm going to do..

I have Epox Nforce 3 Ultra, AMD 3000+ running 2.26, 2Gb of RAM, NVIDIA 6800GT and SB Audigy Platinum ZS2 and that's all I got. Network card is integrated and NVIDIA provides complete 64bit driver package for NForce 3 chipset. This station i don't use for nothing, absolutely nothing but gaming. I don't even need antivirus...

Well for a server I would still think that Server 2003 64bit would be better than x64.  :P

That's what i'm going to do..

I have Epox Nforce 3 Ultra, AMD 3000+ running 2.26, 2Gb of RAM, NVIDIA 6800GT and SB Audigy Platinum ZS2 and that's all I got. Network card is integrated and NVIDIA provides complete 64bit driver package for NForce 3 chipset. This station i don't use for nothing, absolutely nothing but gaming. I don't even need antivirus...

Well in case you do I think Avast! is the very best antivirus program, it is fully compatible with x64 of course. :P

And its good you have 2 gigs. X64 is a lot better at addressing a good amount of ram and you should get very good performance. And look at Far Cry if you are looking for a game written in 64 bit code.