HP Bluetooth software

Generahl

Hi!

I'm trying to install the HP Bluetooth Software for laptops (both HP-package SP28358A and SP28427A) on various HP laptops with the same fatal result: This installation requires administrative privileges.

The drivers are added during install without any issues, it's when I try to add the "application" part of the package that it fails.

I can get it to work if I set the unattended install to auto-logon after it's finished and then I install the SW manually. (Which is ofcourse not what I want....)

However, if I use the RunOnceEx-method it fails, running it from cmdlines.txt fails and using the [GUIRunOnce] section also fails.

I've tried both with a "setup.exe /S /SMS" approach and to install the MSI file directly with "msiexec /i BTW.msi /qn". Same negative result. :(

Both methods work if I run them manually after the install.

Common for the automated methods (RunOnceEx, cmdlines.txt and GUIRunOnce) seems to be that the explorer isn't started/running, could this be the problem?

Any ideas?

/Anders

• 2 years later...

Hello,

this thread is two years old, but i have the same problem!

Everytime i tryed to install the HP Bluetooth Software via GUIRunOnce i got the error message "You must have Administrator privileges".

Is there a solution for that?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

We had the same problems running the btw.msi from the logon-script. :realmad:

If you can open the msi (with WISE in our case) then :

1. Go to the MSI-SCRIPT

2. Select for Installation mode : NORMAL INSTALLATION

3. On the User-interface tab change following lines from the Installation Sequence

If (Not Installed) OR (BTW_MINOR_UPGRADE=1) then

Call DLL From Installation Function BTINS_CheckUserPrivileges (BTINS_CheckUserPrivileges)

End

Just put /* in front so they become remarks, or remove them.

Compile and you have a new, working msi. :whistle: