VT6421/VT6410/VT6420/VT8237 ComboRAID Driver

Can someone tell me how to integrate the

VT6421/VT6410/VT6420/VT8237 ComboRAID Driver

SATA drivers to my 64Bit XP VLK?

The lastest Drivers can be download here.

I wish Bashrat can take a look at it.

http://www.viaarena.com/downloads/drivers/..._RAID_V430C.zip

P.S. I believe in light of the 64bit Revolution headed our way. May i suggest to

the moderators to organize the Windows XP 64 Bit Edition Sub Forum.

Sub Categories should be made.

64 bit Device Drivers

64 bit Hack Files & Reg Tweaks

64 bit Applications

:wacko:

My story,

I spent like a couple of hours trying to install Windows XP 64 this afternoon.

I downloaded the drivers from via

placed the drivers into a floppy drive

for the life of me. every time i try to install it says it can't find the viasr64.sys

u know what... it turns out there was something wrong with the floppy drive or floppy controller. i dont know. I just switched to a usb floppy drive and everything installed Fine.

Installation took about 15 mins... is that normal?

I got viamraid.sys drivers, and they work through F6 (floppy). And i couldnt integrate them. Tryed many of them. Spend all day. 4xRW :D ... Btw, 15 min its ok, i spend same time to install. If u find the way, hot to integrate drivers, i'd like to know, how, and which drivers.

If you guys are interesting on the new folder structure under \DrvDsk, you could reference the article Microsoft announce for Server2003

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/F6dirs.mspx

It says about the Server2003 will load txtsetup.oem from proper subfolder as first priority instead of root directory, as the \i386, \amd64 or \ia64 folders is present. The benifits of it is to help user not to see many driver items in F6 installation.

By following the new instruction, the RAID driver could be placed at different folders for different processor architectures. But the previous OS, including XP, can't recognize the fixed folder name. So, Windows NT4, 2000 and XP will parse the txtsetup.oem at root.That's why XP and previous OS still see 3 items as well.

Only Server2003 will search txtsetup form the i386 and amd64 subfolders.

If the boot CD is amd64 platform (SRV2003SP1 or XP-x64), it should only parse the txtsetup.oem from \amd64 subfolder and only one item is shown up.

In the readme file, it also says that user should copy all files under DrvDisk folder.

The driver disk VIA ComboRAID 4.30C provides should be the first fully compatible with the new driver disk structure I never saw.