Redirecting My Documents

I want to redirect all users documents to a folder on my server. I created a GPO to redirect all users documents and gave domain users full access to the folder. I also had a GPO that restricts users from accessing C:\ but for some reason the redirection is NOT taking place and i am receving errors relating to security credentials - is this due to not allowing access to C drive (well i dont think it is but thought to ask you guys anyway) or is it something ive done wrong?

thx

It might be that your denial of access to the C:\ drive is preventing users folders from being copied or directed to the alternate location.

Totally restricting access to the drive can cause many problems for instance updates and software installations may fail if the user cannot access the drive, if not during installation, during the initialization of the app. for first time use.

It depends on your environment as to what security you need to implement but just thought I'd share these thoughts.

I, also, use the "folder redirection" on certain user groups on a GPO they have, along with preventing C viewing & access, but it seems to be working ok.

Even tho its using the local profile as a cache (for other aspects), it doesn't keep the work stored locally and the default (in most programs) points to the home dir which is their network drive - H in this case - it works great.

I might be able to help more in two weeks when I should be back at work and can help shed a bit more light on things (my memory of the settings etc aint *that* good lol)

Regards,

N.