another SP1 LOL

This made my day on friday. After installing SP1 on server 2003, the adminpak installer refused to install because it did not recognize Sp1 as Windows XP or windows server 2003 and above.

Thank you Microsoft. :wacko:

Thus the release of the SP1 recently.

It was also mentioned in the known issues list that everyone "should" look at before installing the SP1.

Admittedly, not ideal but if the admin pak is install before the sp1, then you should be ok.

They should have thought about the admin pak in all this further and released the two together but priority was to provide users with security and updates - even if that meant a slight lack of managability.

Just my opinion.

Here's the link for you :)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Regards,

N.

I get from algorithm0's post that he doesn't know that there's a new version of the adminpak...

If he clicks the link, it says to uninstall any old ones first before installing.

Knew i left something out of my post lol ;)

The (old) tools worked fine when I used them after installing the Service Pack but I guess he's trying to install the old adminpak after installing the Service Pack (which I dunno whether that will work).

Hope that made "some" sense ;) hehe

Regards,

N

:D

Haven't used the "new" version of it yet so I dont know whats what lol but here's a link to both the old and new version :) :

old = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

new = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

I'd hang on to the installer but remove all traces of the old version from whatever pc's you might have it on, and stick the new version on it

Regards,

N.

Thanks for the info it_ybd! At least now I have the new admin pack installer around if I need it. Maybe Microsoft fixed some of their "known issues" in this release of admin pack. Now if only Dell would get their act together on their OpenManage software...

Now if  only Dell would get their act together on their OpenManage software...

Agreed! First Dell said that an SP1-compatible OpenDamage / OpenMangle would be available late May, but recently stated that it would be a June timeframe.

HP's SP1-compatible ProLiant Support Pack v7.30 released over a week ago, but I've already found some issues with it and reported them to HP.

Oh well...ya get what ya pay for. I have both Dell and HP to contend with. :}

HP's SP1-compatible ProLiant Support Pack v7.30 released over a week ago, but I've already found some issues with it and reported them to HP.

What Proliant do ya have? I ask only because I have ML350 G3's at work. Am very happy with them, like I am with all HP stuff generally - never gives me trouble.

Interesting to know about the new version of the support pack tho.

I installed the SP1 without problems - that I'm aware of. Is it the HP management tools and stuff that have issues with it? (need I even ask? lol)

Regards,

N.

I work in a large enterprise environment. In addition to the Dell's, I also have the following HP models: DL380 G2, DL380 G3, DL380 G4, DL580 G2, DL760, DL760 G2, ML370 G3, ML370 G4, ML530 G2, and ML570 G2. Any day now I'm expecting the DL580 G3 and ML570 G3.

Yes, only HP systems management from the PSP (ProLiant Support Pack) v7.30 is supported for Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1. v7.20 was a beta for development use only.

I took a freshly installed server sysprepped with Windows Server 2003 slipstreamed with Service Pack 1. Windows Firewall, DEP, etcetera are disabled. I installed PSP v7.10. I took a quick glance in the systems management homepage and found two issues.

1) The systems management homepage could no longer recognize the model of server.

2) The IML (Integrated Management Log) could no longer be viewed.

At this point I just waited for the release of PSP v7.30.

When PSP v7.30 was released, I downloaded and installed the firmware dependencies. I integrated the latest drivers into the Sysprep build. I configured the configurable PSP v7.30 executables with the environment-specific SNMP strings, Insight Manager / Repository console, etcetera.

I re-sysprepped the server and confirmed that the new drivers were installing correctly on a slipstreamed Windows Server 2003 with SP1. All was well. I rebooted the server, installed PSP v7.30, and rebooted.

I took this Sysprep image and tested it on most of the models listed above. So far I've found three issues with PSP v7.30 on Windows Server 2003 with SP1:

1) The latest iLO firmware v1.75 causes a problem with models with an iLO (Integrated Lights-Out).

2) I've seen the IML report errors correctly, but for some inexplicable reason the time will be off stating AM instead of PM. 24-hour military time is set correctly from the RBSU (ROM-Based Setup Utility), and Windows time is set correctly. I know it's an HP issue because the same errors appear in the Windows system log, but with the correct AM/PM time.

3) In one situation that I've been unable to reproduce, HPSMHD.EXE, the system management homepage, generated application errors after every reboot.

Yell if you need more details.