Adittional Software, and one tip.

evilEye

Ok, i made my first multiboot dvd a week ago following the tutorial, and it's working awesome. I had some problems with *.DAT (boot) files. What happend? When i extracted the files from installation cd's by using IsoBuster, i could not open it in hex editor on my windows machine, was getting some rundll error every time i tried to open the file. I solved that problem with linux. I copied the files on the floppy, edited them by using hex editor on my linux machine, did not get any errors there, when opening the files.

Now I have some questions about aditional software. Here's what happend... when i add aditional folder with extra software (drivers, programs, codecs....) and make an image with cdimage.exe, the only windows i can install from dvd is 98SE. The ones that are based on NT File System... well it all goes fine until i have to press F8 (the part where i say do I or do I not agree with Microsoft agreement). When installation comes to that part i get the blue error screen. When i remove the folder with aditional software, i make an image, and it all works great. Someone knows why this happens? Thanks for any help.

your hex viewer needs to be reinstalled (what dll is missing?) hexworkshop or free xvi32 v2.51 work very well.

Obviously you need to check your additional install files. I would start with the drivers and then add software to see where the culprit is. Probably the drivers. You mention win 98 in your post are you trying to install to a fat32 or ntfs partition? BSOD can occur installing to a fat32 disk with pre win2000 OS already installed.

Well i could try adding additional files one by one, but i will lose whole lot of time. For a dvd image creation i need 30min minimum, and i have around 1,73 GB of additional software, which is quite big amount of data i think... but if there is no faster way, i will do it.