F-prot switch

EdGaR

can someone plz tell me the switch to install f-prot 3.16b silently? yes i have searched all i got was this one topic that showed u how to install using iexpress which was way to confusing for me. and also can someone show me a guide or something so i can learn wat program needs wat switch for future references or something of that sort plz.

thx in advance

that f-prot switch doesnt work.so far ive used, /silent.....-silent...../VERYSILENT....../hidden.plz anyone this is driving me insane!! o and all of those gave me the same error....

Severe

invaled command line parametters!!!

Line of error:1372

i used the switch from the above sticky and im running into problems.f-prot installs i think but then gets deleted i think.a shortcut shows up but its just a white box.heres the code.can anyone tell me wats wrong with it.using 3.16b

prog[pn]=['F-Prot 3.16b']
uid[pn]=['F-PROT']
cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\Applications\\F-Prot\\Setup.exe /HIDDEN /INSTALLDIR=c:\Program\F-Prot /INSTALL=TYPICAL /NORUN']
cmd2[pn]=['taskkill /IM F-Sched.exe /F']
cmd3[pn]=['taskkill /IM fpavupdm.exe /F']
cmd4[pn]=['taskkill /IM FP-Win.exe /F']
cat[pn]=['Security']
pn++

nope.rite now im testing different ways to install.i change program/f-prot to program files/f-prot and i also changed NORUN to RUN.will that make a diff?o and i deleted the task kill commands.hopefully this works!

O sorry. No i deleted the command lines with the task kill commands and its still doing the same thing.

this is wat it is now

prog[pn]=['F-Prot 3.16b']
uid[pn]=['F-PROT']
cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\Applications\\F-Prot\\Setup.exe /HIDDEN /INSTALLDIR=c:\Program Files\F-Prot /INSTALL=TYPICAL /NORUN']
cat[pn]=['Security']
pn++

k well i get an shortcut icon but its just blank after installing f-prot with that switch.the shortcut is not associated with anything.but i looked and the program does not get installed in the proper place.says that the FP-Win.exe gets installed in system32 folder.that make sense?help from anyone is welcome.

ECHO.

ECHO Installing F-Prot 3.16b

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\apps\fprot\Setup.exe /HIDDEN /INSTALL=CUSTOM[FPWIN,FPDOS,FPSTOP,FPUPDATER]

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a simpler version of my iexpress method, using WinRAR

extract all the files from the fprot installer to an empty folder

download attached setup.iss to the same folder

right-click all the files, choose add to archive

now choose RAR, compression- best

tick Create SFX archive, tick Create solid archive

in the top right corner click Comment & paste this

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setup -s
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

now OK your way out & the switchless archive will be created

setup.iss

will this install everything default...or is it changed to ur liking?cuz i remember reading about this in another thread and u posted this and i was completely confused.but now its so much simpler.thx again!!!!been dying to figure this out for weeks now.