XP SP2 breaks FTP folder view?

cnjvh

Myself and a friend (we're both running XP SP2) can no longer access my FTP server via IE (ftp folder view).

Access via an FTP client from the same machine(s) still works fine so there's no firewall or user permissions issues at work here - it just that IE FTP folder view access no loger works. It is still enabled in the Internet Option advanced area.

It seems to co-incidental that it happened after the client machines had SP2 installed - any one hear of any issues with this?

I think PASV FTP is disabled with SP2...? Not sure... Check this

1. Start Internet Explorer.

2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

3. Click the Advanced tab.

4. Under Browsing, click to clear the Enable folder view for FTP sites check box.

5. Click to select the Use Passive FTP (for firewall and DSL modem compatibility) check box.

6. Click OK.

I think PASV FTP is disabled with SP2...? Not sure... Check this

1. Start Internet Explorer.

2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

3. Click the Advanced tab.

4. Under Browsing, click to clear the Enable folder view for FTP sites check box.

5. Click to select the Use Passive FTP (for firewall and DSL modem compatibility) check box.

6. Click OK.

You are the man!! I had already checked the "use folder view" box but the "passive FTP" box got by me. Although in my case I had to uncheck it to get my folder view working but no matter - it was the magic check box.

Thanks!! :hello: