removing access to Outlook Express automatically

i have an Unattended Win2k CD, and want to install IE6 but disable access (automatically remove icons) to Outlook Express. it'd be nice if i could slipstream IE6, but apparently that's not an option. right now i have IE6 install after everything else during my automated install. i found the registry entry to get rid of Outlook Express:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{881dd1c5-3dcf-431b-b061-f3f88e8be88a}]
@="Outlook Express Access"
"IsInstalled"=dword:00000000

but this entry must be put in the registry after IE6 is installed, and if i do it at the very end of my unattended install after IE6 setup reboots the machine and says it's installing "Browsing Services," "Internet Tools," and "System Services," it corrupts the system and explorer.exe crashes every time the system is booted.

is there any way i can do an unattended install of IE6 that will automatically disable access to OE? if not, is there some other solution? i can't delete the icons themselves, because they will only reappear. the only solution i've seen is this registry entry, which right now i'm having to do manually after windows is installed.

Add this to your winnt.sif to turn off the shortcuts. OE will still be installed.

[Components]
oeaccess=off

Or you can use the following in a batch file to turn off the shortcuts after installing IE6

%systemroot%\system32\shmgrate OCInstallHideOE

See here for details

Add this to your winnt.sif to turn off the shortcuts. OE will still be installed.

[Components]
oeaccess=off

i'm pretty sure that won't work, because i put IE6 installation as the last entry in RunOnceEx, and all of the winnt.sif stuff runs before that, right? so the IE6 installation would overwrite anything i had in the components section of winnt.sif.

Or you can use the following in a batch file to turn off the shortcuts after installing IE6

See here for details

i'll try this for now and see if it works. if it doesn't work, is there another place during my install i can add the IE6 installation that will be affected by what i put in winnt.sif? cmdlines.txt?

okay, apparently

is only for Windows XP. for Windows 2000, this command works to hide the OE icons:

"%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe" "%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll",OCInstall HideOE

and this command works to show the OE icons:

"%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe" "%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll",OCInstall ShowOE

http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBP/tip7700/RH7753.htm