Vpn Connection

Guys some of you may know my configuration for my network (well been on this forum quite a lot as you know) so my question is am i looking at the correct guide to set up a VPN http://www.guidescentral.com/help/singlenic.html for the following D-Link DSL 300T router - all PCs have internal static IP addresses errrrr aim is to allow my mate whos hundred miles away to connect to my domain -i think thats all the info you need

Thanks

Edit: first, you will need to open up port 1723. I'm going to assume you are using Windows Server 2003. Open Server Management/To Do List/Configure Remote Access. Just walk through the wizard and you should be set to go. From the client side he simply need only right click on Network Places/Properties/Create a new connection.

Hope that helps!

Later!

Thanks - done that and i can connect from my PC to the server using VPN (as a test) so how does this allow my mate to connect to my Server? as theres no option to type in the VPN address to point at my domain or anything regarding him having access to my domain? OR is it that when he connects via VPN the connection this would allow him to connect to my domain using the usual methods to connect to a domain?

Thank you very much

Well one of the things you could do is get your mate to install "Connection Manager" on his machine. To do this, get him to logon to the https://servername/remote site, and when logging in make sure he selects Private Computer, NOT Shared. And one of the options is to install connection manager.

That will basically add a Dial-Up Networking Option, which will connect his machine to your server's network. Then he can work as is in your LAN.

Good luck.