Possible To Slipstream Hp Restore Disks?...

Longz

Hi from a new member!! :hello:

I have an HP Pavilion a305w and I created the restore disks from the recovery partition which totals to 8 cd's.

I had a malware that shut it down and had to restore my computer from these disks. To make a long story short I had to uninstall tons of third party crap and reinstall all my apps,games,updates, and xpsp2. This took 3 hours and I don't want to have to do this again!!!

Can the 8 discs be cut down and xpsp2 slipstreamed with my driver updates for sp2?

I can deal with the app reinstall as it's only a few games and some dvd creator/editor programs.

Possible to put these on dvd?

I know that I can get Ghost 9.0 but for the price I would rather not!

I have used nlite to slipstream W2K and autopatcher to apply the hotfixes but I have no clue what to do with these 8 discs!!!

I'm just a home user that tends to dable in areas that others consider taboo!! :thumbup

Any info you can give me or links to material is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

P.S. I love the site!!! Much information and well organized too!!

Hi Longz,

welcome to msfn.

You can't slipstream the restore disks because they aren't install disks, they are an image (backup) of a freshly installed partition, the way the computer was the first time you turned it on. Best thing for you to do if you don't want to spend any $$ is to get your system all set up the way you want then use ms backup (in valueadd\msft\ntbackup folder of XP install disk, not installed by default) and do a automated system recovery and full system backup of your own. Then you can always get right back to a clean system without all the install and reboot stuff.