How To Activate Remote Access

Hi everybody

On one of my computer I have 2 drives. One of them shall be used as a shared network drive.

I am using the command "net share ..." during unattended setup in order to create a shared drive. I have also activated the (Datei und Druckerfreigabe) (Files and printer access) in the Windows Firewall during unattended setup.

After installation, the Drive seems to be shared, however, I can not access it from a second computer. (I see the hand in the Endows Explorer)

Only if I activate the Remote access manually with a right mouse-click on the shared drive, selecting the "share this folder" and than activating Remote access using the Wizard, I then access to that drive from my second computer.

Is there a way to automate this?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Cheers

Ludewiko

Appearantly I have asked a complicated question. In the meantime I have discovered that in a other thread they discuss a similar or even same problem.

So Anybody has an idea how to automate (without AutoIt) the activation of Remote Access for sharing a drive?

Cheers

Ludewiko

I'm going to start from scratch...

On the PC with the drive you wish to share... right click on the item you wish to share and set it to be a shared drive/folder.

On the PC that does not have the drive you wish to share you would need to use the NET USE command. You can also open a RUN box and type in \\COMPUTERNAME\SHARENAME and see if it's accessable that way. If it is not please let me know... be as detailed as possible.