Usb Device And Window Update Probelm

hapyman

Hey everyone,

- Ok my problem simply stated is that whenever I connect my mp3 player via USB to my computer, the processor begins to run at 100% and makes it near impossible to do anything.

- Under the process list it shows that 'system' is the one taking up all of the processors resources.

-After scouring the internet for maybe some new USB drivers or what not I came across an update on Microsoft Support Site. The update was Q822603, and it seem to be label the exact problem that I was having.

- However when I downloaded and try to run Q822603 there was an error 'WEUpdate cannot retrieve information needed for setup from database. Setup cannot continue'

- I thought this may because I did not have the full SP1 pack so I decided to just go with the SP2 since SP1 is no longer available and I believe SP2 is all inclusive.

- After updating to SP2 I get the same USB problem and I still cannot install the Q822603.

- I also made sure I have all of the critical, software, and hardware updates.

Here are the links to the two MS sites:

Availability of the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and 2.0 Update

Q822603 Page but I think this one is for XP embedded SP1... does this matter?

Any information is greatly appreciated :thumbup ... hopefully someone can point me in the right direction so I can stop going in circles with this thing. :wacko:

***EDIT***

- SOrry for this but I overlooked that there is two different files for this update. I downloaded the other (named 'KB822603') I ran this one also but it obviously states taht i dont need it since I have SP2 already installed. BUT here's the thing if SP2 should correct this how come my USB problem still exists????????