Rename Account After Installation

Easy this one!

In your autologon.reg file put:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"DefaultUserName"="Administrator"

"DefaultPassword"="password"

"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

Change password to whatever your admin password is!

Hope this helps!

~SIMON~

PS Just to add, you put the autologon.reg file in your %OEM%\Install folder. I call mine from RunOnceEx.cmd just add the following command somewhere:

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\autologon.reg

IMPORTANT: Make sure that the autologon.reg file is deleted after installation or your admin password is visible!!!

No. FullName is just the name of the computer. Maybe I should outline all from the start...

1. Edit WINNT.SIF and change or add the command below to the section [unattended]:

OemPreinstall=Yes

If it's already there don't change it.

2. If you don't already have a $OEM$ Folder you need to add one. Make a new folder in the root directory of your windows installation and call it $OEM$

3. In this folder you need a text file called cmdlines.txt

4. In cmdlines.txt type or paste this:

[COMMANDS]

"REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%/Install/autologon.reg"

5. Create a folder inside $OEM$ and call it $1 and one inside that folder called Install. Inside this folder you need to place autologon.reg as I outlined above.

cmdlines.txt executes commands during the last 12 minutes of setup and so reg settings are copied before windows starts.

Try it and see if it works.

~SIMON~

Not yet had the pleasure of activation yet, only work with volume license. I found this link for activation on MSFN site:

http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/activate.htm

Have you used Setup Manager to create WINNT.SIF? If you haven't you maybe should read this page too!

http://unattended.msfn.org/beginner/winnt_sif.htm

On The XP corp version I'm writing for, as soon as I boot Windows for the first time, It's not only signed in but there's no security center either (Apart from warnings about Antivirus not being present, which will not show if you install antivirus during install).

There are plenty of tips on the MSFN site that seem to cover most of the aspects of Setup. It's just a case of looking around and finding what your looking for. And if you don't find it by looking around, just do what I did and start from the beginning again! You'll be surprised what you missed when you look over it a second time!

~SIMON~