Adobe Acrobat 7

MartinaL

When RunOnceEx runs it doesn't come up with any problems with adobe Acrobat 7, but once it is all finished it just isn't installed.

Can anyone see what is wrong with my code??

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "Adobe Acrobat 7" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\AdobeReader7\reader7.msi /qn" /f

I don't see any obvious problems...but I do have some questions for you to help diagnose the problem:

1. What are the contents of the %systemdrive%\Install\AdobeReader7 directory?

2. Have you tried running it with the /qb switch instead? Do any errors pop up if you run it with that switch?

3. Are you trying to install from an administrative install point or just from what was extracted when the regular Reader 7 was run?

1. What are the contents of the %systemdrive%\Install\AdobeReader7 directory?

all that is in there is the reader7.msi and the .exe for Windows Journal Viewer which installs fine.

2. Have you tried running it with the /qb switch instead? Do any errors pop up if you run it with that switch?

Will try that now

3. Are you trying to install from an administrative install point or just from what was extracted when the regular Reader 7 was run?

Hmm, not sure what you mean by this, but i am installing from what was extracted when the regular Reader7 was run.

I have used this msi file before though (just from some bat files) to remotely install it on some PC's and it works fine then.

Yes. It contains all the program files. If you don't have it in the same directory as the .msi, it's not actually installing anything.

If you're crunched for space on your install disk, you can use the .msi with data1.cab to create an administrative install point. Just do a search for "adobe install point" and you should find the instructions.

So if i add the cab file it should install?

I don't recomend that. If you make an admin install point for Adobe Acrobat, you will be shocked because the size will be roughly around 450mb! Unless you are planing to do a repacked installer (7zip compressed), don't use the aip.

By the way I tried compressing my aip with 7zip, it shrunk down to 130mb.