Oxpsp3 Question

saitoh183

I've been having a lot of problems getting my OfficeXP PRO with Frontpage to install during the unattended setup.

Here is what a just did:

- I installed a a clean WinXP(slipped with SP2) , nothing removed from the installation, on my VMware.

- I followed the guide to create the officeXP installation found on the unattended CD/DVD guide

- I used the Office shrinker to shrink my OfficeXP...so far so good

- Once the shrinking done, I run the setup using my mst file and it does the installation just fine. So I make an SFX out of it and add it to my UNCD.

- Now i create a new Virtual machine in VMware with exactly the same settings as the other VR machine and start my unattended install. Office fails to install. :unsure::huh:

- Once my unattended winXP finished, I ran the office installation(using the mst file) by extracting the SFX to the C: of my virtual machine. Here is why it failed:

Missing files:

...\Files\system\Ctfmon.exe
...\Files\System\Dimm.dll
...\Files\System\Msctfp.dll
...\Windows\ime\sptip.dll

After ignoring those files the installation is able to finish. I know i can just add the files to the SFX and that would problably fix the problem but i would like to know why it worked on the other Vr machine with my clean install of windows and failed on this one. I know there a problably threads on this but i havent found them.

thx in advance :)

I my first post i mentioned that these files where missing for my office to install:

...\Files\system\Ctfmon.exe
...\Files\System\Dimm.dll
...\Files\System\Msctfp.dll
...\Windows\ime\sptip.dll

I added them and the install worked just fine. Now i made a new ISO with the new nlite and ryanvm 1.2 pack and i used the same officeXP that worked in my previous iso and it now says that the following files are missing for the installation:

...\Files\windows\ime\softkbd.dll
...\Files\windows\ime\mscandui.dll

What is going on? :huh: