Computers see each other

zillah

I have 3 PCs on the same network (they can ping each other),

1-First Computer called comA.

2-Second computer called comB.

3-Third computer called comC.

When all PCs have the workgroup name called "home", I have got no problem with PCs, they can see each other.

But the problem starts when one of these PC have different workgroup name, say school.

My query, Should all PCs have the same workgroup name to see each other(which I do not thing so), or the same network addresses are enough (which I believe)?

By the way, I restarted PC more than one times

Thanks

There is no right answer to this....

easiest way to have all in the same workgroup but u could solve the issue of having name resolution set up on the machines and browsing. But most defintly, it is the main idea to have them in tha same workgroup...

If it is XP I dont see a problem are you giving the PC's time to learn about the other machines on the network or are you testing straight away ?

can you connect via \\computername\share and \\ipaddress\share

let us know how you get on

hail hail

Thanks for your reply

easiest way to have all in the same workgroup but u could solve the issue of having name resolution set up on the machines and browsing. But most defintly
What should I do to configure name resolution in XP?

If I have name resolution, then I should not have same workgroup, because as long as they are in the same network, and if we have name resolution, then they should see each other,,,Am I right?

If it is XP I dont see a problem are you giving the PC's time to learn about the other machines on the network or are you testing straight away ?

No it was not straight away, and as I mentioned in my early reply:

By the way, I restarted PC more than one times