Registry Keys and Script issues

AnS

Guys,

I have read this forum for quiet sometime. I have problem regarding the network in my office.

At the moment we got a new application that required to be ran under citrix terminal services. Our domain is actualy based on W2k domain. Some of our client PCs (workstations) are using Windows 98. The rest are using either W2k prof. or Windows xp.

We are attempting to migrate our domain into W2k3 (Windows 2003) domain. The Citrix server is already running windows 2003 and it is only a member server. We already have about 2 to 3 DCs running windows 2003.

Now come the main issue.. :wacko:

Every client PC that need to login into the citrix server must meet these requirements:

1. Can not right click on any items in the desktop. (No sub menus)

2. All drives are hidden except mapped by the logon script

3. My Documents and My Network Places must be not displayed

The application vendor has provide us with a logon script for these requirement. I have checked the keys in the script which actually attempt to change the registry of the user who attempt to logon to the citrix server. The vendor suggest to place the script for every user who needs to run the application.

So far the script can run for requirement No.1 and 2. But can not hide my documents and my network places.

The questions:

1. What are the Registry keys to hide "my documents" and "my network places" ??

2. I have search everywhere. I did found the keys. But everytime the user login to the citrix server, the "mydocs" and "my net" still shown.

If anyone is dear enough to share their experinces on my problem or even kind enough to give a good and working script I will be very gratefull.... :thumbup

Cheers in advance

AnS

Do it in Group Policy...

I knew someone will answer with GPO.. :)

So the problem continues. If we ran a GPO for a specified OU which all application users inside it, then we will have "My docs" and "my net" hide easily. BUT we don't want to hide "My docs" and "my net" everytime user login normally, not login to citrix server.

I already attempt to use GPO with these scenarios:

1. Hide "My docs" and "my net" GPO link to the Citrix server OU, with enforced option and Block Inheritance. I disregard part of the script about hiding the "My docs" and "my net".

Result: The My Docs and My Net still shown when the user login to the citrix server

2. Hide "My docs" and "my net" GPO link to the Citrix server OU, with enforced option and Block Inheritance. I also haev Show "My docs" and "my net" GPO link to the user OU (No enforce and no blocking).

Result: The My Docs and My Net still shown when the user login to the citrix server

:wacko:

Thanks for those tips mate.. ;)

Well I still can not make the script work guys. My Documents are still showing. The only thing that makes me wonder up to now is why the script running so well for mapping and hide drives but can not hide my documents.... :angry: