Unattended Order

I was wondering in what order unattended installs take the setup/start-up files. Say an installation has go mixed up and with another install set. What would be the order the install would take for example would a network unattended install take preference over a disk clone of XP ?

Hail hail

I think a little clarification is needed. Are you talking about doing disk cloning from images stored on the network like say Altiris Rapid Deploy or Ghost Corporate does?

Then wondering what order a clone deployment vs. a network based unattended installation would occur?

The short answer should be that the first PXE/DHCP server that receives and responds to a request for job information from the PC you are trying to build will be the one that executes first.

Any particular reason you are using both cloning and unattended installs? Seems like twice as much work. :blink:

I have a PC (compaq) with a 80gb hard disk. It has two partitions, 1, 70gb and 1, 10gb. The 10gb one hold all the software for a reinstall. I have been trying with NLITE to create a unattended XP CD so I can have one eighty gig partiton and also a back of my software incase the hard disk has a mechanical error. I have create the CD but I am now getting an error that says

"PLEASE PUT YOUR WINDOWS XP CD INTO DRIVE A"

So this is why I was wondering the order they took preference from.

hail hail