3dfx Tv??

No ID

I have a Voodoo 3 3500 TV and i cant seem to get TV out at all. Is there anything that can help or something i need to download to get this to work? I have done all the windows updates and all and i still have no tv out....

Theres updated drivers for your card....Not knowing if this will help out with the tv part but its worth a try. Also the software that you use to view the tv channels....have you checked to see if theres a updated version of that?

Drivers updates:

ht*p://www.guru3d.com/files/

-Chris

Guest LouCypher

I've got an STB TV+FM PCI tuner card under XP that isn't supported anymore. There is a program called DScaler that talks directly to the hardware without going through the OS. It works on a lot of cards based on bt8x8 chips from Conexant, including mine (it just doesn't init the sound).

The homepage for DScaler is: h*tp://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/

The latest version as of this posting was 3.10A and is directly downloadable from here: h*tp://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/deinterlace/DScaler30Aexe.zip

(you can drop the file name from the above URL to see a directory of all versions, if they've updated since this post it'll be there)

As to the drivers for you card, there are some Windows 2000 drivers and Visual Reality that SHOULD work under XP at this website:

h*tp://www.3dfxliveson.com/ in the drivers section. Download the Windows 2000 BETA drivers and Windows 2000 VisualReality.

I can't say for sure that sound will work under DScaler for you as that is one of the poorly supported options for older hardware. If you try it out and have problems then you can check out the support forum for the software located here:

h*tp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

From my previous post ----Also the software that you use to view the tv channels....have you checked to see if theres a updated version of that? [/quote:6c9290a9cc]

No response from you on this....have you checked this out. That was my promblem!

-Chris

Ok....I have not used any software for the tv channels because i couldnt find any. I found plenty of drivers for the video card itself but i cant seem to find anything at all that will let me utilize the tv out.....