PE Driver Issue

DaGbyte

I seem to have an issue with IBM M42's and M50's. I'm using PE 1.5 (XP SP2). I have created several boot disks (got tired of the CD-RW and now use a USB drive) and have yet to get the drivers properly installed. I have the drivers the machines need, and DRVINST reports it copies them in, but they don't seem to work.

Can anyone shed some light on the correct process to add additional driver to a PE build?

TIA,

-DaG

You'll be happy to know I learned quite a bit about PE and drivers. Chatted with an MS guru and he gave me the 411. Seems the machine I was building the image on was the ONLY one that the default drivers didn't work on. I added an updated NIC driver and it worked just fine, but the video is still hosed. We have at least a dozen different flavors of IBM machines here and my build works perfectly on all the models EXCEPT the one I was testing on. Go figure....

Lesson learned? rebuild your PE images each time you test them. I copied my source files from CD to a local folder. I made a batch file called BuildImageI386 and BuildImageMinint to build my CD-ROM and USB hard drive versions. One more to make the ISO. They all work very nicely.

Happy to share with any of those interested....

-DaG

You'll be happy to know I learned quite a bit about PE and drivers. Chatted with an MS guru and he gave me the 411. Seems the machine I was building the image on was the ONLY one that the default drivers didn't work on. I added an updated NIC driver and it worked just fine, but the video is still hosed. We have at least a dozen different flavors of IBM machines here and my build works perfectly on all the models EXCEPT the one I was testing on. Go figure....

Thats no big suprise.

IBM is notorious for updating the driver/firmware any chance they get. In fact. You have to sync the firmware and driver for the ServRaid controller. IBM is the only manufacturer I know that does not use a default Video driver.

HP's are easy. It just works!

Chris