Problem while installing my Unattended

Hi!

I must say this is my first attempt a creating an automated CD with some customizable apps on it.

I read a couple of guides and a lots of forum post concerning this so i think I know where Im going.

First I created a SIF file (using winnt.sif creator).. For this part everything went fine.. in fact it could'nt be easier.

Then I added the $oem$\$1\drivers and $oem$\$1\install. I've put some software into the install and put at the same time my start.cmd wich included the switches for each application to go silent. So that part should go fine... For the driver issue I've included the path to the correct .INF file into my sif file... I also tweak some reg key (always using winnt.sif creator ) and put the reg file into the install dir.

So far so good right?

Then I copied all the files from my windows XP SP2 CD. into the same dir so basicly i've this :

--------

$oem$\

cmpnents\

DOCS\

I386\

SUPPORT\

VALUEADD\

autorun.inf

boot.bin

readme.htm

setup.exe

setupxp.htm

win51

win51IP

win51IP.SP2

winnt.sif

----------

Then I take a look at the guid provided on this site to do an unatended using Nlite.

Since I didn't know any other way to create the .iso easily I just used this software to create the final iso.

Using VMware I've tested my CD and Im having some weird issue with it...

It starts pretty fine.. It formats the HD.. copy all the files.. I can see the name of my files into the $oem$ folder being copied...

then it initialized the setup ( wich I used a customized winntbbu.dll ).. And then the errors starts...

First It tells me this error message :

An error occured while copying file amipro.sa_

cannot copy the file to destination directory

click retry to retry the operation or cancel to...

same thing with excel.xl_ , excel4.xl_ , lotus.wk_ , powerpnt.pp_ , presenta.sh_ , quattro.wb_ , sndrec.wa_ , winword.do_ , winword2.do_ , wordpfct.wpd, wordpfct.wpg

I've already check into my I386 folder and all these file are present... So i dont really understand what might be the problem here.. thats the first issue I encouter...

It doesn't seems to be really important file.. So i just it cancel a couple of time and the setup continue...

The next problem I meet is when the setup is complete and windows starts for the first time.. when it says "applying Local user settings "

I obtains these 2 error :

Windows CAnnot create a temporaty Profile Directory. This may be caused by Insufficient security rights. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

---------

Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with default profile for the system.

Detail Access is denied.

--------------

And my cmd I've created for my apps autoinstallation just never start.. Wich I guess is related to these error.

If I go onto the C: drive I can see the install dir.. and if I click on the start.cmd I've created it goes fine and install my software.

So I must not be THAT far from suceeding.. I've try multiple sif file variation.. doesn't seems to affect the above problems...

here's a copy of my sif file with some stuff "censored" ;)

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

Autopartition=0

MsDosInititated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEulA=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

Repartition=No

UnattendSwitch="No"

WaitForReboot="No"

OemPnPDriversPath=Drivers\000_Via\WinXP\;Drivers\001_Nvidia

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

AutoActivate=No

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=**********

EncryptedAdminPassword=No

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=035

OemSkipWelcome=0

ProfilesDir="%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\"

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

XResolution=1024

YResolution=768

Vrefresh=70

[userData]

ProductKey=******************************

FullName=***************

OrgName=***********

ComputerName=**********

[TapiLocation]

CountryCode=1

Dialing=Tone

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

Language=00000809

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=MSHOME

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Componants]

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

OEAccess=off

media_clips=off

Accessopt=off

AutoUpdate=off

fax=off

hypertrm=off

rec=off

[shell]

DefaultStartPanelOff=Yes

[WindowsFirewall]

Profiles = WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall

[WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall]

Mode = 0

[GUIRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\start.cmd

As for my start.cmd I don't think its necesary to copy since everything goes fine when I start it manually...

Im also wondering if there's any ways to add specific keyboard code in this sif file..

If anyone could give me a simple hints about what I did wrong here it would be greatly appreciated! :)

thx.

wolfien-

1st thing dude

is when your a newbie dont use Nlite.

If u dont know what u are doing u will just get really frustrated as hell.

i suggest that u start over, retain your winnt.sif and $oem$ folder

but delete everything else, copy all the files from your CD to your hard drive. Your CD has sp2 already slipstreamed?

once you are done check my guides on my signature.

I didn't really used Nlite.. the only 2 step it did.. is copy the content of my cd to a destination dir.. and then make the iso.. I didn't used ANY of the other features...

I just redid my copy of the folder as us told me to try.. but then Im wondering.. If I "can't" use nlite.. then what's the best thing to create a bootable iso ?

and yes my cd is already slipstream with sp2.

btw.. thx for the quick reply! :)

-------------

NeverMind.. Just found out about that "Doiso" thing :) seems to works like a charm.. will test with this new iso and will post my result :)

--------

wolfien-

oky now I dont understand anymore didn't modify ANYTHNING in my sif file.. and sice I recopied the content of my XP cd it just ignore my sif file.. and go around the usual questions..

I tryed to do my iso using Doiso and with nlite ( just to create the iso ) and same result.. like there's no sif file.. but if I check the content of the iso its right there..

think its time for me to go to sleep I'll work on this tomorrow :P

wolfien-

I knew I was too tired yesterday completly forgot to copy the files into the i386 folder ;)

I tryed it again this morning.. didn't apply any modification as stated above.. but not it tells me

"an error has been encoutered that prevents setup from continuing.

Internal Setup data sctructures are curruptes (phase 0).

Press OK to view the setup log files."

"fatal error :

Internal setup data structures are corrupted (phase 0)"

What the h*** I did wrong this time???

( I've created the ISO using Doiso )

thx.

wolfien-