SP2 Firewall verification?

Br4tt3

Lo folks...

Oki, got my corp unattend sp2 image up and running now. Got one question though, I have set my .sif to:

[WindowsFirewall]

Profiles=WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall

[WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall]

Mode=0

since I am going to control the fw with policies.. however, when entering the WinFW applet in a newly installed machine with tha image, it shows the configuration as if it is enabled even though i can run special appz which utilizes none conventional ports and are not added to the exceptions list at this time.

Any1 got a good way to verify that the FW is disabled even its shows in the GUI as enabled? I know.. run a port scan, but then again I want another good way of verification for the WinXP SP2 FW anyway.

Thanks....

I agree, thats why I am gonna enabled it again later on with GPO's. I just wanna have it disabled until the .adm files is in place.

Thanks for the reply, the thing is though according to MS doc:

Type entry = optional takes the value of 0 / 1 / 3 (default = 3) both domain & standalone.....

so if I obmit type as an entry I would get the default of 3 which will disable the FW for both domain and standalone comps installed with the image.. or I am totaly out of it?