Instalation from a server

Hi...

i have already made my first unattend xp cd...

But i want to know a thing...

Here im my company we have a server where all the software is store, and i want that my cd installs the software from the server...

I think that i have to change my Batch_file.cmd with:

example : ECHO.\par

ECHO Installing Adobe Reader 6\par

ECHO Please wait...\par

start /wait %systemdrive%\\servicos2\\software\\AdobeReader6\\AdbeRdr60_enu_Full.exe -p"-s /v\\"/qn\\""\par

\\servicos2\\software\\AdobeReader6\\AdbeRdr60_enu_Full.exe -p"-s /v\\"/qn\\""\par - This is the "link" to my software server...

Can anyone tell me if this is what i have to do???

I think you are on the right track, but I believe your path syntax is still a little off.

The %systemdrive% in your first example will be replaced with the drive letter of the Windows drive when the command is executed from the batch file. So, assuming Windows is installed on the C: drive, the actual command executed by the script would be:

start /wait C:\\servicos2\\software\\AdobeReader6\\AdbeRdr60_enu_Full.exe -p"-s /v\\"/qn\\""\par

Since you are attempting to install from a remote folder, and not the local PC, the %systemdrive% variable is not applicable. It also appears to me that you are using a line of code intended for use when importing registry keys from RunOnceEx.cmd rather than when executing installs directly from your Batch_file.cmd script. I believe the proper syntax would be:

start /wait \\servicos2\software\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu_Full.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\""\par

Hope this helps.

Also, keep in mind that some software installs don't work properly when you're using UNC paths (e.g. \\server\share ).

I usually create a temporary drivemapping for those apps.

[edit]

If you're using a Windows server + Active Directory , why not do a managed install?

AcroReader is pretty easy to deploy by Software Installation GPO.