Epson Stylus Color 580 can't get itto work

Bo Pfanner

You went and bought XP retail from a store...Its not out yet so how could you say its final?

Secondly did you go to epsons site and see the updated drivers yet?

Third ...I know epson is a picky bastard when It comes to installing it. They say never let windows install anything for epson. I own a epson and so does friends of mine. Now when XP was installed it atomatically installed the drivers then you probaly installed the software after that. What I did was go into device manager and remove the printer and all drivers/uninstall the software. Then reboot. Make sure your printer is off the entire time. After reboot install the software (make sure all traces of software previous and drivers are gone)...once the software is installed, reboot again...Now once you have rebooted turn on the printer. Windows will see the printer and install the drivers...But the drivers are now on your system and XP will pick them up. Once everything is all done reboot again, and everything should work. This is what I had to do on 4 different computers that all have been running epson printers. Let me know how you do!

-Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for the help, I will try them later today.

I am using the XP we got from Microsoft, it's the coporate version.

Epson don't know when they will release Xp drivers for this model.

I will let you know how it turns out.

- Bo