emulation error wont boot to disk

hello all,

I put the files together, created the ISO with the CDImage Pro program and burned it to a DVD with Alchohol 120%. The DVD rom is the first boot device and when I try to Boot with the DVD Rom I get an "emulation Error" and it kicks out and goes to the next boot device in my sequence.

any ideas on what went wrong or how to fix it???

thanks

michelle

OK I got it to boot to the DVD and it started to look like it was going to run XP setup after it Loaded drivers and just before it got to the licence agreement it poped up with this interesting message...

Please insert the disk labeled Windows XP Professional CD-ROM into drive

A:

press enter when ready.

WHAT THE HECK HAPPEND???

miche

Please insert the disk labeled Windows XP Professional CD-ROM into drive

A:

Your Indentification files could be missing?

WIN51

WIN51IP

WIN51IP.SP2

These files should be in the root of your CD.

:)

Ya OK no duh its not safedisc protected Asta... but there is no reason that i have seen or read that says that I can't use Alchohol 120 to burn my .ISO. As a matter of fact it is recommended on the http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/finish.htm site.

I followed the directions for the site

"CDImage is a command-line driven application developed by Microsoft to create an ISO image from a directory of files and folders. We have put together the tool, with the boot.bin file (to make your ISO file bootable), and a batch file that contains the necessary switches to create the ISO. This is a one-click ISO creation tool! "

So I made it bootable...which it was.

Thanks, MHZ I apreciate your responce...it looks alot more helpfull and could very well be the issue. I will give that a try

really does it say that?

ahhh... i know why so u can test it on VM

but does it really say use alcohol 120?

let me take a look

update

ok i went and took a look

it is suppose to be used FOR VM or VPC

» According to feedback from the MSFN Forums, it's been said that Virtual PC cannot support DVD ISO images over 2GB in size. The workaround is to mount the ISO by using third-party software such as Daemon Tools (freeware), or Alcohol 120% rather than in Virtual PC. After mounting the ISO in either Daemon Tools or Alcohol, use the "Capture Host Drive <driveletter>:" feature in Virtual PC.

right...

I figured if the other program made it bootable and added the proper files then

it wouldn't matter what program I used to burn the ISO...as long as i did it Disk-At-Once.

So thats not the case??

I have Easy CD Creator on my pc (ya ya i know... but i am use to it and I like it)

and it conflicks with Nero.... anything else I can do?

miche

Michelle

Does not EZ Creator have a virtual drive? If not, download Daemons Tools. It is a free Virtual CD/DVD Emulator. Mount your ISO on the virtual CD/DVD Rom, then Virtual PC / VMWare will accept it . :)

Edit: we talking burning? EZ Creator should be fine. You may need to use CDImage to make the ISO first though.