Multilanguage support for win98se

nick696

I am using english version of win98se, how can I add chinese language support from chinese win98se to english win98se, (I mean I still want english interface but add chinese display and input support, and I don't want to install 3rd party software) is it possible? since both version is win98se, I think most of the file is the same, chinese win98se only translate the interface to chinese and add some chinese input method, so how can I extract these chinese support from chinese win98se and add them to english win98se?

You might be able to get minimal support by installing IE 6 or later and enabling auto language detection.

Unfortunately on the OS side, it was not until Windows 2000 not ME that Microsoft included support for Asian languages with Unicode double-byte character sets.

You will need to upgrade to Win2K to get this functionality. Here's the catch, the multi-language packs are an add-on that was/is only available supposedly for corporate customers.

You could try to go to some of the large software resellers, CDW etc. to get a copy but I don't know how successful you will be.

I only know this because I went through the same thing in 1999.