Two last headaches

Daddyjaxx

After a couple of weeks working on my unattended install disk, and the 1,000 errors along the way that created error messages or something else that made it not unattended, I finally have a copy I did not have to touch at all. My dilemma is that I have two applications that I have tried everything, including things on these boards and nothing has worked. The applications are PowerDVD XP and Roxio Easy DVD Copy. I have tried installing Power DVD by making the setup.iss file with the /r switch. No dice. I know I'm doing this correctly because that's how I install my Nvidia and Santa Cruz drivers. I've tried using Install Rite for DVD Copy and when I run the program it tells me the digital certificate is corrupt or missing when I try to run it unactivated. I'd just activate it again, but I apparently have used all my activations and I need to call them to get more. I even tried running InstallRite when it was activated with no luck. That's how I used so many activations, trying to get this to work! What is this activation garbage anyway? If I spend good money on software and am only installing it on one machine, I have the legal right to install it and uninstall it at my pleasure. :wacko:

• 1 year later...

i am new at this but i have learned one thing,never believe a system will behve.

any way,if u r using pdvd6 or higher,it does not install unless u install directx 9 and reboot.even silent install of dx has to be rebooted for pdvd6+ to install.

tried it yesterday.

good luck.