i want to use gpedit.msc in xp home edition

softer

since i have searched this problem through google but i can not find anything.

i want to use gpedit.msc to do something for my xp home edition but i find that there is no gpedit.msc in xp home .

1,i copy gpedit.msc in xp por to xp home but fail

2,i copy gpedit.dll in xp por to xp home 's computer c:\windows\system32 but fail

3,i find *.msc in xp pro and copy them to xp home 's computer c:\windows\system32 but fail

i really donot know how to deal this thing.

and i do not want to install xp por in my xp home computer

Google is your friend. The first link brings you to a French site which tells you how to install it on XP Home. Basically, this is what it says (translated with Altavista's Babel Fish and my 1337 French skillz :)):

Download this zip-file (these are French files, so if you don't have a French system, I'd recommend extracting those files from your XP Pro).

Extract the following files to C:\Windows\system32:

appmgmts.dll

appmgr.dll

fdeploy.dll

gpedit.msc

gpedit.dll

gptext.dll

fde.dll

Extract the following files to C:\Windows\system32\GroupPolicy\Adm (This directory doesn't exist, so create it):

system.adm

inetres.adm

conf.adm

Type the following commands in a command window:

regsvr32 gpedit.dll

regsvr32 fde.dll

regsvr32 gptext.dll

regsvr32 appmgr.dll

regsvr32 fdeploy.dll

It should work now.

• 2 months later...

please help me here....i use win xp serpack 1

I have 1 problem with my pc system this lately...

The problem is after i've format my h/disk and install it with WinXpSP1 after my pc getting slower day by day...& i just found something is wrong with my system when i run gpeditor.msc.

The problem i just meant is when gpeditor's windows has open,... i click at Administrative Templates on user configuration's icon.I need to make a little setting to disable some features. But i can't find the "system" key under Administrative Templates and the only key i can see is "Windows Component". If i click that key, only 1 subkey will be enable to view(windows media player).It supposed to have several folders under "Windows Component" key...am i right???

I'm sorry if i made this sounds complicated, but this is exactly what i'm facing on...let me make this clear 1 more time...i click "run" and typed gpedit.msc and press enter...

->When GroupPolicy is open, i click at user configuration and 3 subkeys were open. ( got it?)

Then i click at Administrative Templates but all i see is only Windows Component as the subkey. It supposed to have more subkeys. I need to access System key to disable ctrl-alt-del function. Got any idea what is going on? Normally i will not post a thread before i searched the entire web for source.... but still end up with nothing.

I have deleted some features in winXP in CtrlPanel - AddRemoveProgram - AddRemove Windows Component - (i removed some progs i don't use).. not sure what it is... and i'm sure thats all setting i have made since Windows installation.

~My PC have no network connection

~Off course i log in as administrator

~I'm the only one user on this PC

~This problem never happen before

~My PC are currently running in a good condition and drive c still have alot of space & didn't show any problem signs at all

~I turn off system restore function for all drive in order to save some space...

~I have my bootable WinXpSP1 installation disk... and it don't have Repair Install of Windows XP. function...

post-34-1106195672_thumb.jpg

please tell me the steps to solve this...where can i get mmc.exe? Can i extract it from my winXP serpack 1 installation disc? or maybe i can copy those files you've mentioned into my system32 folder?

i use windows xp pro serpack 1 and i have mmc.exe...