Cisco VPN Client

..::BFS::..

Hi there, I've finished my unattended install except for 1 small detail, I want to install the Cisco VPN Client with this unattended install but this doesn't work.

First I made a single batch file for the installation to test if the unattended switch was working.

CLS
@echo off

ECHO.
ECHO Bezig met het installeren van de Cisco VPN Client..
start %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Cisco_VPN_Client\vpnclient_en.msi /q

EXIT

This works, the Client installs itselfs and reboots the computer. After that I just copy/pasted the right pieces in my applications.cmd and burned a DVD. The install went just fine, but the Cisco VPN Client didn't install.

The last part of my application.cmd was:

ECHO.
ECHO Bezig met het installeren van de punten van aandacht...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\PvA\Pva.msi /QB

ECHO.
ECHO Bezig met het installeren van de SMS Advanced Client...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\SMS_Client\SMS_Advanced_Client.exe

ECHO.
ECHO Bezig met het installeren van de Cisco VPN Client..
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Cisco_VPN_Client\vpnclient_en.msi /q

EXIT

The SMS Advanced Client gets installed but the Cisco VPN Client isn't.... I also tried to copy a cmd file to the startup folder. This works but Windows Xp gets in a loop because the client needs a reboot from the system and I don't know how to remove it from this folder.

I've tried to run another cmd-file from the script in the startupfolder but it doesn't remove that script.

Can anybody help me with this?

Two things.  Add REBOOT=ReallySuppress to your msi arguments to stop the reboot.  The other thing I noticed is that your system must be running at 800x600 minimum for the Cisco client to install (found this in the event log).

Thanks! The system is running 1400x1050 so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm gonna work with that.

But I still want to know (I know this is more of a scriptings question but I'm sure one of you guys knows this) how to remove a cmd file from the startup folder.