IPASS Client and Cisco VPN Client

Hello Everyone, :hello:

Im trying to find a way to install the IPASS client and the Cisco VPN Client without user intervention. Does anyone have any experience of these?

Would using the AISNAPSHOT tool from Ghost work? the issue I see with that is that the disk I create will be used on a number of different types of machine.

Thanks

Steve

As far as the Cisco VPN Client goes, I prefer to use the msi installer version, but I imagine the Installshield version would work just fine with an iss file.

The only real limitation to a silent install (either version) is that you cannot install it over the wire. So this eliminates GPO deployment right off the bat. If you have a custom profile file for the client just make sure it is in the root of your install source and it will get copied over.

For all of the different options, you can find the Administrator's and the User's Guides in the same area that you download the client from Cisco. It's all pretty straight forward and the newest version 4.6.xx family has an autoupdate feature which is nice due to the lack of GPO support.

Hi there,

we have 4 PCF files that I placed in the same directory as the .MSI file. The install was kicked off using ...

MSIEXEC /I vpnclient_setup.msi /QB REBOOT=2

Now it seems ok except for two problems..

1) it still asks for a reboot, which i dont want

2) having rebooted, I cant see the connection entries in the client window.

Any ideas?