Network settings: "Not Guest pls"

QKnet

I am running a Windows XP laptop in a workgroup. In my computer, I created a number of user accounts.

I set security for a number of folders so that the users will have only their respective permissions when interacting with this folders (subfolders and files).

Things are ok.

But the problem is when I try to access those folders from the network (I shared them). They are inaccessible. I reckon it is because that my computer forces network logon to use guest accouts, which have no permissions to use the resource. :no:

Can you help me with the network settings so that network users will be asked for username/password, and if they provide the account info that I set in my computer, they will have respective permission.

Thank you man.

===============

PS: I need the instruction badly

Whats the error message you receive when you try accessing the folder?

Have you tried right clicking the folder thats shared and adding the users account name that you want to use when logging on? (under the share permissions tab?)

What I really want to know is how to enable the "Connect to [computername]" dialog which asks for network (workgroup) users to enter user account info (which are set in the destination computer - running XP) when a network user try to access the destination coputer (by typing \\[computername] in the address bar) for shared folders.

When I do a clean installation of windows xp (SP2). on a computer, by default, it shows up this dialog for network users.

But for some reasons, some of the computers (xP too) don't asks anything and network users can see the shared folders.

I wonder it is clear.

I attached a snapshot of the dialog that I want xp to show up. Thx

post-34-1099980492_thumb.jpg