Quick Launch Unattended Finally Solved!

I find it hard to trust any binary tweak.

For instance, if you check this tweak in your own registry, you will find userprofile data included. So each user would have to extract their own tweak from this key.

@astalavista:

I'm really sure about this. I tested it many times with VMware workstation. Please note that you can apply this tweak whenever you want, but be sure Explorer.exe is not running while applying them, because if you restart/quit/logoff the computer, then explorer.exe will overwrite some of the settings currently cached in memory.

This applies to some other Explorer settings as well.

@Mhz:

True, binary tweaks are always a bit tricky, but there is no other way to enable "quick launch" besides enabling it manually. Besides, I'm pretty confident the "quick launch" is pretty much the same on each computer. I tested this. (I installed windows xp sp2 with no tweaks applied, and then manually enabled quicklaunch, exported it and compared it against the one in the Big Registry Zipfile from the Sticky. It was exactly the same.)

Then again, you can always export the key from your own registry, if you know which ones to use. Rember to restart your computer because explorer actually write most settings to the registry on shutting down.

[edit]

removed some nonsense :whistle: