Newb Question

My first attempt at creating an un-attened cd so plz bare with me. I', trying to create a xp home disk that will have a admin user account name of "User" and a blank password.

Here is what I have so far.

cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]

"useraccounts.cmd"

useraccounts.cmd

net user User * /add

net localgroup Administrators User /add

net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited

REGEDIT /S autologon.reg

EXIT

autologon.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"DefaultUserName"="User"

"DefaultPassword"="*"

"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

This set-up asks for a password at t-13 and then locks up on the welcome screen after a error beeps and flashes by to fast to see. Thx for the help in advance.

Thx that did the trick. I have a new problem now. The un-attended install I'm trying to make is a disk I will use to re-install alot of os's on differnet machines. When I re-install an os for someone I always use User and a blank password and let them go change the accounts in the user accounts later to what they want. When using the above set-up it creates the User named account fine but it auto-logs onto this account no-matter what I do. If I create a password for the User account it locks up on boot. And If I create a new account it still logs onto the User account. Any ideas on what to do? Thx again for the help.

perhaps you should try using a password then instead of leaving it blank (user/user for name and pass), or you could use the default "administrator" account and they can create their accounts from there.